Dungeness B is a nuclear power station on the south coast of England. It was the first Advanced Gas-cooled reactor to begin construction in the UK.
- Station Director: Ian Stewart
- Reactor type: 2 Advanced Gas-cooled Reactors
- Total supply to the national grid: 1120 MW
- Coolant: Carbon dioxide gas (CO2)
- Start of construction: 1966
- Start of generation: 1983
- Estimated decommissioning date: 2028
- People: Approximately 550 full time EDF Energy employees, plus over 200 full time contract partners
Find out the status of our eight nuclear power stations, which is updated on weekdays.
Drop into our visitor centre or book a full tour of Dungeness B to see for yourself how we generate nuclear energy.
Our visitor centre has an interactive exhibition where you can find out more about nuclear power generation. We also offer pre-booked tours of the power station and it's all free of charge.
EDF Energy and Nuclear Decommissioning Authority hold regular joint meetings with local people, media, council and emergency services representatives and local politicians to maintain regular communications about the site. This meeting is independently chaired.
The next site stakeholder meeting will take place on 10 January 2019 at 1400hrs at Assembly Rooms New Romney. For more information contact Tracey Finn, Magnox Ltd, on: 01797 343510